For the past few weeks, I’ve been making this banana smoothie for breakfast. And I’m absolutely obsessed. What led me to trying a breakfast smoothie was boredom, honestly. Whenever I’m bored I go on Pinterest. This was no exception. I found a bunch of breakfast smoothie recipes and I decided to try a few different ones. My favorites were a cinnamon roll smoothie and a banana bread smoothie.
My favorite thing about drinking a smoothie for breakfast, is that it’s so easy make; it only takes a few minutes. Also, it is very adaptable to your own taste or dietary needs. For example, if your vegan or lactose-intolerant, you could just use nondairy milk instead of regular milk. What I did was combine my two favorite smoothies into one. I loved the vanilla in the banana bread smoothie and the sweetness of the cinnamon roll smoothie. So, I’m excited to share my banana breakfast smoothie recipe. This recipe is good for one serving in a tall glass or two small servings.
The ingredients you’ll need are:
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt (if you’re using Greek yogurt, I’d suggest using 1/2 cup yogurt and 1 cup milk)
- 1/2 cup milk (I like my smoothie pretty thick, if you don’t, use 1/2 cup yogurt and 1 cup milk)
- 1 banana (you can freeze your banana, if you like your smoothie to be super cold)
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 tablespoon agave syrup (or maple syrup or honey, any sweetener will work)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (use less, if you’re not a fan of cinnamon)
- optional: a teaspoon nut-butter (sometimes I’ll just use little peanut butter in this recipe to change it up)
- optional: a few raisins or chopped walnuts or pecans to put on top
And now the recipe:
- Put all your ingredients except the raisins, walnuts or pecans in a blender. Or if you’re using a hand blender, put the ingredients in a tall container, so it doesn’t get all over your kitchen. And blend until you get a smooth(ie) consistency.
- Pour your smoothie in a glass and top with a few raisins or chopped walnuts or pecans.
And that’s it; my easy and healthy banana breakfast smoothie recipe! You can hardly call it a recipe, because all you have to do is blend it all together, but for lack of a better term, let’s just call it a recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.